LindgrenLaw Group LLC
LindgrenLaw Group LLC is national healthcare technology law practice, with a unique entrepreneurial spirit to match our clients… we have a passion for building the business of health IT.
Karin J. Lindgren is Managing Partner with almost 30-years experience practicing health IT law as major law firm Partner, handling both litigation and corporate matters, as well as serving as General Counsel and member of the senior management team for two health technology and informatics companies. She is also on the graduate faculty at 2 major universities: Northwestern University and University of Colorado.
Who are our Clients?
LindgrenLaw Group provides seasoned legal and risk management advice and counsel to young and emerging technology companies, physicians, entrepreneurs, investors and clients involved in health information technology, cloud computing, informatics, EMRs, data analytics, health information exchange and developing software applications for the healthcare industry.
LindgrenLaw has also worked extensively with solo consultants and small consulting firms, reviewing and providing seasoned advice & counsel, including such legal matters as professional services agreements, NDAs, employment agreements, strategic joint venture and teaming arrangements and intellectual property issues.
We also assist VC/PE investors by parachuting into a portfolio health or technology company with a legal/compliance role on a temporary executive team. The firm also conducts specialized, legal risk management due diligence for venture capital and private equity investors.
What are LindgrenLaw's Services?
Transactions Counsel. LindgrenLaw regularly drafts, and provides operational and strategic counsel for software technology transactions; cloud and hosting agreements; new application development; channel partners, VARs and other re-seller/distribution agreements; reviews and negotiates contracts, consulting services, end-user agreements and licenses of all kinds, while keeping an eye on the myriad related legal issues, such as data privacy & security; intellectual property rights; data ownership, and healthcare regulatory compliance.
General Counsel On-Call. LindgrenLaw Group acts as virtual outside General Counsel to emerging companies with no in-house Legal or Compliance team, especially in the healthcare, technology and consulting spaces. As a "management extender," we provide strategic advice & counsel, draft policies, negotiate legal agreements, do risk management, including carefully managing any outside litigation, so the C-suite can focus on growing the business.
LindgrenLaw will also be called by VC/PE investors to parachute into one of their portfolio health or technology companies in order to serve an interim Legal/Compliance role on a temporary executive team.
Forensic Lawyering. LindgrenLaw assists angel/VC/PE investors by conducting specialized, legal risk management due diligence... you've heard of forensic accounting? LindgrenLaw calls this "forensic lawyering."
RFP Project Counsel. As a team of professionals are combined for purposes of responding to a private or government-funded RFP or RFI in the area of health IT, LindgrenLaw is often invited to serve as a subcontractor to handle the legal and compliance issues for the Project Team.
Training & Public Speaking. Regularly provide spirited and thought-provoking training and educational presentations to entrepreneurs, physician and hospital groups, senior execs, VCs, governing boards and corporate IT/sales/marketing teams across the country.
Examples of Recent Client Matters
Selected examples of recent client legal matters handled by LindgrenLaw LLC:
- Invited to join an NIH grant application team to build part of the national HIE network.
- Invited to attend all Board and senior management meetings of a technology company as outside General Counsel, as the CEO wanted the benefit of real-time legal and compliance advice & counsel.
- Established the corporate compliance, legal and licensing framework for a young start-up software and informatics company created by 2 former Northwestern University graduate informatics students.
- Reviewed strategic alliance and joint venture agreements for small IT consulting firm, and counseled on necessary protections against loss of IP rights to work product, among other issues.
- Invited to act as outside General Counsel for a state RHIO, with responsibility for all legal, licensing, compliance and transactional issues.
- Retained as a subcontractor to the Project Team (an aggregation of several companies and professionals), which successfully responded to an RFP issued by the CDC. Responsible for all legal/regulatory compliance issues for the government-funded project
- Provided advice and counsel to a radiology software company contemplating expanding its channel partner arrangements. Drafted, and assisted senior management in negotiating value-added reseller and tech transfer agreements, with significant intellectual property issues.
- Retained to assist an early stage technology investor to provide General Counsel On-Call legal and regulatory compliance services to his portfolio of emerging technology companies.
- Advice & counsel for revenue cycle IT consultant moving to new consulting firm, but with a pending non-compete from the prior employer; reviewed new consulting services employment agreement.
How to Contact Us:
Karin J. Lindgren, JD
LindgrenLaw Group LLC